Create Manual Purchase Order Follow
For use with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations.
There are several ways that a purchase order may be created in the system. There are also several rules and policies that may be in place for your company/implementation. Use this instruction as a baseline for entering a purchase order, but please verify with your other team members if there are specific instructions for your use.
- In the application search bar, enter All Purchase Orders and hit the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Click NEW at the top of the menu.
- In the dialog box, enter the vendor name or number.
- The delivery address information will appear. Change if needed to a different location that the material will be delivered to for the request.
- Open each section and complete the fields as required for your implementation. When complete, click OK to view the details of the PO.
- The detail/lines view will open for the PO.
- In the lines section, click ADD LINE to add a line to the purchase order. You will enter one line per service or unique item.
- A blank line will be presented for you to add information to the line.
- Select the Item Number or Procurement Category for the purchase. If an item number is entered, information will auto-populate from the released product detail. If a Procurement Category is selected, you will need to enter Text (description of the purchase that the vendor will see on the PO), quantity, unit, unit cost, etc. NOTE: If you are requesting physical products, this is the specific qty. If you are purchasing services, this is the total dollar of the services.
- If you need to change the delivery date, address, etc per line, while on the line, you can click the LINE DETAILS option at the bottom of the page to open the detailed view of that specific line. Adjust data as required.
- In the Line Details view, switch to the Financial Dimensions tab.
- Enter the Financial Dimensions values (generally cost center, department, profit center, business unit, etc). Dimensions vary with implementation. If you have questions on these, please consult your manager.
- Save the Record.
- Review/Confirm the PO. (Some implementations may require a Workflow > Submit action before confirming.)
Oak Hall Group provides implementation and support services to Microsoft Dynamics 365 users, companies, partners, and Microsoft. Our team has over 50 combined years of experience with the product and implementations. Contact us for Implementation and Support Services.
Oak Hall Group
3379 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
Please sign in to leave a comment.