Receive Purchase Order through PO Screen Follow
For use with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (and Operations or SCM).
There are several ways to do receiving in D365 Finance/SCM. If you are using ASN's, registering products, or direct receiving, all may have different ways to do the receiving. Check your specific implementations user instructions for additional details if needed.
The purpose of this article is to instruct the user how to receive against a purchase order from the PO directly using the Product Receipt functionality. This process will be used with service purchase orders and general non-dimension based items (serial number, batch number, etc).
NOTE: Only purchase orders in a confirmed status can be received against. If your options for receiving are greyed out, then check your PO status.
- In the application search bar, enter All Purchase Orders and hit Enter on the keyboard.
- Filter/Find/Select the Purchase Order you need to receive against.
- Click Receive from the top menu and click Product Receipt.
- Enter the packing slip id from the vendor (or if services, the service received date MMDDYYYY).
- Go to the LINES section.
- Update each item by entering the quantity received in the Quantity field of the corresponding line item. If all items are received, you don’t have to do anything as the system assumes you are receiving all. If there is a line that you do not need to receive, you can select the line and click the delete button just above the grid.
- Click OK.
- The status will be updated to “Received” if the entire PO amount has been received, else the status may be Open Order.
Note: To verify the receipt quantity or determine the amount left to receive, click on Receive > Product Receipt, then select the Purchase Order for the journal received.
Oak Hall Group provides implementation and support services to Microsoft Dynamics 365 users, companies, partners, and Microsoft. Our team has over 50 combined years of experience with the product and implementations. Contact us for Implementation and Support Services.
Oak Hall Group
3379 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
Please sign in to leave a comment.