For use with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (and Operations or SCM).
** Configurations and options for your drop down lists may vary depending on your implementation. The processes outlined reflect how to complete the steps in general. Use your appropriate values for your selections. **
- Search at the top of the page for ALL PROJECTS. Hit enter or select the form.
- Click NEW.
- In the dialog box that opens to the right of the screen, enter the following information for the Project.
- Select the Project Type. Internal, Time and Materials, Fixed Price, Investment, Time.
- The Project ID is generally automatically assigned. If it does not, that means your environment is set to a manual number sequence and you will have to enter the number needed.
- Enter a NAME for the Project.
- Select the Project Group. This field varies for selection based on your implementation as well as the Project Type field that was selected.
- Project Contract ID is required if you select Time and Materials or Fixed Price Project. If you do not see an associated contract, click the + button to create a new contract. Contracts are the "Bill To" and billing information related to the overall project. [See instruction on creating contracts in a separate post.]
- If you selected a contract in the previous step, then the customer number associated to the project will appear. If not, you can select a customer if there is one associated to the project. This field should be left blank if there is no associated customer.
- Select the Project Manager responsible for the project. This is an optional field. Check with your specific implementation rules for any specific instructions on project creation to understand how/when to complete this field.
- Enter the start date for the project.
- Click CREATE at the bottom of the screen.
- Your new project is now created.
Oak Hall Group provides implementation and support services to Microsoft Dynamics 365 users, companies, partners, and Microsoft. Our team has over 50 combined years of experience with the product and implementations. Contact us for Implementation and Support Services.